Communities In Schools (CIS) of Greater Central Texas, Inc. is always happy to accept multi-talented and enthusiastic interns to partner with our team. Our ideal candidate is willing to work on multiple tasks, collaborate with community partners, and work with at-risk youth. They will also have the opportunity to assist with special events and case-management file set-up and maintenance.
Position Summary: As an intern with Communities In Schools (CIS) of Greater Central Texas, you will get the opportunity to develop and improve your client assessment and case-management skills. You will shadow a highly qualified, professional Site Coordinator for a nationally accredited non-profit organization whose mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. CIS engages and inspires young people to recognize their potential, overcome obstacles in life and provide them with the support they need to succeed. Throughout the internship you will have the opportunity to participate in organizational events such as the Annual CIS Track & Field Event and assigned campus activities such as lunch groups, etc.
- Positions are open to students who are enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Internship positions vary from year to year according to program needs and placement availability
- Placements may be available in every district where there is a CIS presence (Killeen ISD, Belton ISD, Copperas Cove ISD, Temple ISD, Salado ISD, Florence ISD)
- Internships with CIS are non-paid positions
- Internships are offered beginning mid-August through the end of May (no Summer internships)
- CIS will work to accommodate placement requests
- Hours vary depending on your campus placement
Click here for full program description.
If you are interested in completing an internship with CIS of Greater Central Texas, Inc, you may access the application here.